Surprise! There are fashionable options of tunics to wear with leggings. Are you sure you mean tunics? Yes. You mean the things my great-grandmother wears when we go visit her for Sunday dinners? Yes, those tunics. Okay, well, not those exact tunics, but there are some fashionable and age-appropriate tunic styles to wear with leggings.
Here are five fashionista-approved tunics to wear with leggings:
· The most popular option to wear with leggings is going to be the traditional shirt-style tunic with two front breast pockets, rolled sleeves, and a shirttail hem. This popular tunic style can be found in most retail stores, both offline and online. It is a fun, casual look to throw on in order to look both comfortable and stylish.
· A great look for summer is to take a beach cover-up tunic and pair it with leggings. Throw on a pair of summer sandals, and you are ready to head out the door. To dress up the outfit, make sure to properly accessorize the look, and an extra fiercely handbag will put this look over the top.
· A tunic with a drawstring waist can produce a figure-flattering silhouette. While this tunic style can not work for everyone, it is a great style for women that need to create more curves or show off an hourglass figure. If you are top heavy or bottom heavy, this look may not work for you. This tunic with a drawstring is great for spring or summer. Top off this fun look with bracelets or a great watch.
· A split-neck tunic is another favorite to wear with leggings. This tunic style is a favorite because it produces a slimming and flattering V-neckline. This is another quick and fashionable outfit to create. Grab a split-neck tunic, add leggings, mix in a pair of boots, and get an outfit full of fashionista appeal.
· Lastly, a must-have option that just about everyone should have in her closet is the denim tunic. You can pair it with sneakers for a fun weekend look or dress it up with a scarf and boots for an artsy feel. This outfit is always a hit. Wear with an awesome pair of sunglasses for the pseudo-celebrity feel.
There you go – five fashionista-approved tunics to wear with leggings that will not get you locked away in a retirement home and wondering what Jello flavor will be served for dessert. If you were going to purchase these tunic styles to wear with your leggings, here is the list in recommended order of priority: the denim tunic, the shirt-style tunic, the split-neck tunic, the beach cover-up tunic, and if you have the body shape for it) the drawstring waist tunic. Look for these tunics to wear with leggings when you are out shopping and steer clear of any styles that your great-grandmother may ask to borrow.